Thursday, January 20, 2011

MacBeth Act I

Key points -
-Banquo tells Macbeth he must kill Duncan to be king
-Macbeth has a dream of a dagger floating above him
-Lady Macbeth convinces Macbeth to kill Duncan
-Macbeth kills Duncan
-Macbeth returns to lady Macbeth covered in blood
-Macbeth frames the guards for the killing
-Macbeth becomes king

        If I were to direct a Macbeth scene I would do a more modern version with nun chucks and other modern weapons but I would also have a good fight scene with swords in there too. I would make Macbeth chase a dagger in his dream and not just lay there. Macbeth wouldn't just stab Duncan in his sleep, they would have a duel and have Duncan fall down several flights of stairs. Even though Macbeth has a sword I would make him chop Duncan's throat to kill him. Finally Macbeth would have an epic scene of him washing his hands of Duncan's blood.

No comments:

Post a Comment